Follicular Unit Extraction
When people start to look into hair transplant surgery, one of the first they discover is Follicular Unit Extraction. As complex and intimidating as FUE may first appear, there is actually no reason to feel so. Many people around the world undergo this treatment with great success.
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) is the most common, advanced hair transplant technique.
- Hair grows in follicular units of 1- 4, and in this procedure, units are transplanted from the permanent zone’s rich supply.
- Your doctor will administer local anesthetic prior to starting the FUE, before creating a circular incision around a follicular unit in the donor area (the permanent zone). The hair unit to be transplanted is removed from the skin using forceps.
- Small holes are created in the recipient areas, before the follicles are re-inserted. Here at Juvida Clinics, we ensure each FUE hair transplant results in a natural finish, tailored to your exact needs.
- Post-operative hair growth occurs for up to 12 months.
- Follicular unit extraction does not leave a linear scar like FUT does.
Being able to return to work soon after undergoing hair loss treatment is a priority for many patients. FUE is an ideal solution, as it imposes minimum of interference on your everyday life. Your surgeon will spend as much time as needed during your consultations to ensure you feel comfortable and satisfied with every aspect of the procedure.
Any questions or concerns you may have will be addressed in depth; your sense of relaxation, comfort, and confidence is paramount to us. FUE is a popular procedure that has revolutionised so many people’s lives – and could very well do the same for yours.